National Seminar on
Bio-resource Conservation and Utilization - Page 1 - Page 2
To State Horticulture Mission..
State Horticulture Mission is a registered society set up under the Travancore
Cochin Literary, Scientific & Charitable Societies Registration Act,
1955 to implement the National Horticulture Mission program, a centrally
sponsored scheme, introduced during the financial year 2005-2006. This
scheme envisages an end to end development of the horticulture sector
covering production, post harvest management, processing and marketing....
The main objectives of the Mission are:
1) To provide holistic growth of the horticulture
sector through an area based regionally differentiated strategies which
include research, technology promotion, extension, post harvest management,processing
2) To enhance horticulture production, improve nutritional security and
income support to farm households.
3) To establish convergence and synergy among multiple on-going and planned
programmes for horticulture development.
4) To promote, develop and disseminate technologies, through a seamless
blend of traditional wisdom and modern scientific knowledge.
5) To create opportunities for employment generation for skilled and unskilled
persons, especially unemployed youth.
provided, updated & maintained by:
State Horticulture Mission - Kerala
Sunny Dale, Mead's Lane, Palayam
Thiruvananthapuram - 695034
Phone : (0471) - 2330856, Tele-fax : (0471) - 2330857
E-mail :mdshmkerala.nic.in , mdshmkeralayahoo.co.in
Designed & Hosted by
National Informatics Centre, Kerala,
C-DAC Building, Vellayambalam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala